In 2020, the Villard Business Improvement District (BID) #19 hosted its first Annual Villard BID Business Awards which were created to acknowledge and celebrate business excellence within our community.
2020 BID Awardees
Note: Click on each Awardees’ name to review their awards acceptances.
- Best Customer Service Award: JJ’s Fish & Chicken (3213 W. Villard Ave.)
- District Collaboration Award: Oasis Lounge (3120 W. Villard Ave.)
- Community Anchor Award: Covanta Environmental Solutions (5300 N. 33rd St.)
- Best New Business Award: Bodies Event (5235 N. 35th St.)
- Façade Improvement Award: Carter’s Christian Academy (5249&5268 N. 35th St.)
2020 BID Awards Showcase
- The Best Customer Service Award was created to recognize businesses who have upheld the highest customer service standards to our community regarding their business offerings. At this time we would like to acknowledge the positive feedback from residents and customers that have mentioned this business to us.
- The District Collaboration Award was created to recognize businesses who have been a great partner throughout the year in supporting the BID with its various initiatives. At this time we would like to acknowledge the level of collaboration and participation of this business in BID initiatives which have included our community visioning sessions, our charrette focus groups, hosting our annual meetings for the past two years, hosting our groundbreaking ceremonies, and for volunteering one of its walls to our Visual Vibes mural project.
- The Community Anchor Award was created to recognize businesses who have contributed positively to the Business District over a sustained period. As the largest building and business entity in our district, their financial contribution to not only the BID, but also their Sponsorship in Bid initiatives with helping to support business grants for smaller businesses, our visual vibes mural project, and their active representation on our board of Directors.
- The Best New Business Award was created to recognize new businesses that have recently opened up in the Business District. Despite being new to the district and leasing its first physical location, BODIES was faced not only with the usual challenges of a startup business but also with the numerous hurdles brought up by the coronavirus crisis. Nonetheless, BODIES was able to pivot from its standard event planning business to be able to offer socially distanced photography services for weddings, birthdays, graduation, and prom and managed to stay afloat and increase their business growth.
- The Façade Improvement Award was created to encourage property and business owners in the Villard BID to enhance the exterior appearance of their buildings, brand and identify their businesses, drive economic success, and restore the original character of historic buildings.